Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pizza is back on the Menu!

All I can say is YAAAAAAYYYYYY! A little over a week ago, I decided to make a huge change in my diet to help me get to my new year's goal of 130 lbs. and I cut out all flour and sugar in my diet. It's been a little crazy, but I've adjusted well. However, I love pizza. I can have all the toppings and the cheese but the crust part is what makes it off limits....until now.

I was perusing the internet and I found a recipe for pizza with a cauliflower crust. I was skeptical but went ahead and made it and it's fantastic. Now it's not an exact replica of crust. This pizza you have to eat with a fork...but I do that anyway (only barbarians eat pizza with their hands). My best description of the texture is when you make stuffed shells with a ricotta cheese mix in the middle....it has the same texture as that. But this pizza will definitely be made a lot more in my house. I'm all about the cheesy goodness of pizza and this definitely delivers!

Seriously...if come over to visit, ask me to make this for you. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment