Sunday, January 22, 2012

Little Man Cave

So I got tired of having so many books and toys in my front room and having it be super messy all the time -- so I booted out the toys and books and created a little man cave for the little guy.

I just took the bottom half of his closet and cleaned it out, painted it, threw in a few book shelves and a chair and voila!....a little man cave. I still want to put up another shelf and I have to finish sewing the curtain that will make it even more secluded -- but for now it works.

It has been officially donned "the clubhouse" (by the cousins) and every night we both climb in there and read stories before bed. I love that a couple times a day when it gets quiet in my house, I can usually find Dex sitting in the chair looking at books, or he'll just be sitting in the chair casually drinking some juice.


After I created this, I was worried that he wouldn't like it and wouldn't use it....but the next day I went and took a peek in there and he had collected all "his things" and put them in his clubhouse for safe keeping. I merely smiled to myself and realized...."even a 2 year old needs a space all their own".


1 comment: