Sunday, April 29, 2012

More than one way to eat a banana

So Declan's new thing is to sit at the table (not in his booster) and play with what's on the table or get into things.  Well today I put on the Wiggles and he climbed up to the table.  I was doing the dishes and I heard him yell out, "Momma, Nana!" (which means he was going to eat a banana).  I didn't even think about it because there was a banana I had already popped open but hadn't peeled for him on the table.  He was super quiet for about twenty minutes and I checked on him and this is what I saw: 
 Not sure if you can tell, but he's bitten a hole in the peel (of a new banana) and had slowly been chewing and sucking up the side of the banana to eat it.  I tried to explain to him he needed to peel it and I attempted to peel it for him, but he only got mad, so I left him to it.
Afterward, I went to see the aftermath and all I can say is ewwwwwww!! Sometimes boys are so icky! :)


P.S.  The boy loves hats and the dinosaur hat just happened to be the choice of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment